السلام عليكم – Peace be upon you!
In view of the announcements by the Islamic Association of North America (ISNA), the Hajj announcement by Government of Saudi Arabia and having discussions with various Imams in Alberta, we are pleased to announce that the first day of Dhul Hijja 1441 H will on Wednesday, July 22, 2020 and accordingly Eid ul Azha will be celebrated on Friday, July 31, 2020.
There will be two Eid prayers in the Masjid at 9:00 am and 10:00 am. Access will be limited, as we can only accommodate limited number of people while ensuring proper social distancing. So please come early!
Please note that Eid prayer may also be performed at home. Please contact the Imam for the rules and fatwa.
If you plan to attend the masjid please follow all social restriction guidelines by the Alberta government and the signage and warnings posted inside the masjid, including but not limited to the following:
- Do not come to the masjid if you have a fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose, or shortness of breath or if you are a close contact of a person who tested positive for COVID-19.
- Keep at least 2 meters (6 feet) distance between you and others at all times. Please only pray on marked spots inside the prayer hall.
- Bring you own prayer mat and avoid touching surfaces. Please do not use Quran mushaf available in the masjid – please bring your own if you’d like to read.
- Do not shake hands, hug or have conversations with others in close proximity. Limit your time in the masjid and leave as soon as the prayer is finished.
- Practice all social and physical distancing recommendations – please refer to https://www.alberta.ca/assets/documents/covid-19-fact-sheet.pdf.
Eid Mubarak to you and your families!