السلام عليكم – Peace be upon you!
In view of the announcement by the Islamic Association of North America (ISNA) and having
discussions with various Imams in Alberta, we are pleased to inform you that the Eid-ul-Fitr
will be celebrated on Sunday, May 24, 2020.
As previously announced, there will be two Eid prayers in the Masjid at 9:00 am and 10:00
am. Access will be restricted as soon as we reach 45 people. Doors will be closed when we
reach 50 people capacity. Please note that Eid prayer may also be performed at home. Please
contact the Imam for the rules and fatwa.
If you plan to attend the masjid please follow all social restriction guidelines by the Alberta
government and the signage and warnings posted inside the masjid, including but not
limited to the following:
- Do not come to the masjid if you have a fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose, or shortness of breath or if you are a close contact of a person who tested positive for COVID-19.
- Keep at least 2 meters (6 feet) distance between you and others at all times. This means leaving two vacant spaces between you and the next person and leaving a line vacant after each line during
- Bring you own prayer mat and avoid touching surfaces. Please do not use Quran mushaf available in the masjid – please bring your own if you’d like to read.
- Do not shake hands, hug or have conversations with others in close proximity. Limit your time in the masjid and leave as soon as the prayer is finished.
- Practice all social and physical distancing recommendations – please refer to https://www.alberta.ca/assets/documents/covid-19-fact-sheet.pdf.
Praise be to Allah who allowed us to fast the whole month of Ramadan. Eid Mubarak to you
and your families!