السلام عليكم – Peace be upon you!
- In view of recent changes announced by Alberta Government, taking effect from December 14, 2020, please note that all congregations and prayers are now restricted to 45 persons at a time, which is 15% of fire code capacity of the masjid.
- Jumma prayers to continue at 12:45 and 1:30 – doors will be closed when 45-person capacity is reached.
- Additionally, as a matter of precaution and to keep all community members safe following additional changes come into effect immediately:
- Elderly community members, over the age of 60, restricted from coming to the masjid, except for the imam who will continue leading the prayers;
- Young children, under the age of 10, also restricted from coming to the masjid, as prayers are not obligatory for them anyway;
- All other community members are highly encouraged to pray and supplicate at home;
- No in-person classes to be conducted. All classes to be conducted virtually only.
- As a matter of emphasis, we’d like to take this opportunity to remind all community members to follow the following COVID-19 guidelines at all times:
- Wear a mask at all time inside and outside the masjid (only Imam can remove his mask while praying or speaking, while ensuring 2 meters distance from others);
- Don’t shake hands, touch or hug each other;
- Only stand or sit at the marked spots inside the prayer hall;
- Do not hang around or stay inside the masjid after prayers and leave the premises as soon as possible;
- Disinfect your hands often, especially on entry and exit from the masjid;
- Additional cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces to continue.
- We’d like to emphasize to let us know if you’re tested positive for COVID-19 or if you have found that you have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19. You can anonymously report to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the president, Wael Hezam. Your personal information will be kept strictly confidential.
Feel free to contact the Management Committee for any questions or concerns.
The Management Committee
Grande Prairie, AB